Our one true love will always be bikinis, but beauty comes a very close second! At SBA HQ we prefer a more natural, glow makeup look, something that's effortless and takes minimal time! Have you ever wanted to know what's inside the Swim by Alba make-up bag? Wonder no more!
Let's start with the base, we are obsessed with Sisley skincare! The Black Rose range is rich in powerful antioxidants; May Rose water, Hibiscus flower extract, Shea and Camelina oils. This cream restores the skin's bounce with its double plumping effectiveness, strengthens the skin's hydric layer, promotes complexion radiance and leaves the skin soft. Black Rose Skin Infusion Cream | Sisley
2. Next is primer, and this one is the holy grail of all primers! It's oil-free, cloud-like and glides onto skin effortlessly, minimising the appearance of pores, fine lines, wrinkles and actually repels water. All whilst providing broad spectrum SPF 15 protection. *immediately adds to bag*
3. A good set of makeup brushes will go a long way! We love ZOEVA, a cruelty-free beauty brand which offers a selection of vegan brushes too. This is a great set to start with as it includes 6 brushes for foundation, loose and pressed powder, blush, concealer.
4. Foundation or what we like to use, tinted moisturiser. This badboy provides sheer coverage with a demi-matte finish, letting you recreate the 'barely there' makeup look whilst effortlessly glowing! With broad spectrum SPF 20 and antioxidant vitamin E to boost hydration.
5. Now to Conceal. The hardest-working concealer out there, packed with as much pigment as possible. It's enriched with light-reflecting spheres and long-wearing polymers that fuse to skin to grant a transfer-free, all-day finish. We especially love the cooling metal tip which also soothes and de-puff the eye area.
6. Brows, whether you prefer a sleek, defined brow or something light and fluffy, this product is perfect because it's buildable. You can sculpt with broad strokes using the flat edge as well as filling in fine lines with the pointed tip. Say goodbye to bad brow days!
7. To contour or not to contour... always contour! Even though this is our every day makeup routine, we love a contour stick. These match six are super easy to use, with a buildable cream-to-powder formula there's no sign of creasing or caking! The trio set is perfect as it includes conceal, contour and highlight sticks.
8. A touch of bronzer, this velvety soft, slow-baked powder has a radiant, pearlised finish. This luxurious highlighter comes in so many shades but we love the darker shades and use it on both the face and body for an overall glow. You can also apply using a wet brush for more dramatic results.
9. A scary word: blush. Okay we all overdid the blusher when we were younger, and since then have been too scared to pick it up again. But I can't even describe you what a difference blusher makes! This Hourglass product is beautifully marbled with the Ambient Lighting Powder and vivid blush pigments for an enhanced, soft-focus radiance. It's one of our favourite products!
10. Mascara! This all-in-one mascara delivers intense volume, sky-high lift and endless length for extreme lashes. The 4DAmplifier™ brush combines two brushes in one to deliver volume, length, lift and definition.
11. Throughout the day, small touch ups are needed. This beautifully buttery, ultra-flattering illuminating powder is a game-changer in the glowing stakes. Apply it to the places you want to accentuate, or sweep it all over for a seamless, enviably even glow.
And that's it! A super easy, natural day-time make up look using our favourite beauty products.
Love, SBA x
*please note: we use affiliate links which means if you choose to purchase through our blog we make a small percentage of commission. (this does not affect the price of your purchase)